County Lines Magazine reviewed Black Powder Tavern as part of its Dining Out feature.
“It’s always good to honor our nation’s history, and Black Powder Tavern does it with a bang and with class in its well- preserved building that has stood strong since 1746. The popular restaurant’s name salutes the black powder munitions stash kept there for George Washington and the Continental Army trying to survive an earlier horrendous winter, the one of 1777-78 at nearby Valley Forge.
Period sconces and varied images of our first President deco- rate the warm wood-paneled walls that extend up to the high paneled ceiling. Subtly striped draperies frame tall, large paned- glass windows. The wide-plank, reclaimed barn-wood floor and sturdy wood tables with roomy chairs to match enhance ye-olde- tavern feeling. Two antique armoires double as conversation pieces and service areas. One is in the bar area, the other in the separate Anthony Wayne Room, available for private parties. The large bar area, separated from the main dining room by a glass wall, includes several tables for dining.”